Thursday, April 5, 2012

TWD: Pizza Rustica

Sheeeshhh I completely forgot to post about Pizza! I made mine for Sunday dinner... it was filled with caramelized onions and bacon and whole milk ricotta from scratch! Thank you very much! Ok ricotta from scratch is just dumb... at first glance it seems simple but its time consuming and mine didn't yield all that much. If I had more patience I probably would have had a better outcome but I think that my Pizza Rustica would have tasted exactly the same regardless. In the end it tasted like a quiche with a sweet crust. My honey seemed to like it but I just couldn't get over how wrong it all tasted together...

You can grab the full recipe on pages 430 and 431 or from the bakers over at Capital Region Dining or The Place they Call Home.

Next time Lemon Loaf Cake! Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were disappointed. Your photo is beautiful. Lemon Loaf here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it wasn't a hit for you.
    I have a batch of ricotta going right now :-)
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't like it after all the effort! ...Pleased that your "honey" loved it!

    I've really enjoyed reading your blog.

    HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean said he did not love it but kept eating it. I was done after a bite!

    I'd never had ricotta before. I'm not a fan. But, way to go making it! You went all out!

    ReplyDelete