Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TWD: Orange Loaf Cake

Here I was all excited about lemon loaf cake and I make orange loaf cake instead....so here it is orange loaf.... which doesn't sound as enticing as the lemon, but was good. Just for comparison sake I will make the lemon too just to see which is better... you know for scientific purposes.

I used the juice from the oranges to make a simple syrup to pour over the hot loaf as it cooled so the edges were nice crunchy sticky and a little gooey all at the same time. Yum!

You can grab the recipe from Treats who has a fantastic picture with candied fruit and a beautiful glaze or The Beauty of Life, again awesome picture. I'm jealous... I think I need to seriously hunker down and find some better lighting, and maybe a new camera and photography skillz...........

7 comments:

  1. I made orange loaf cake too .... :-) your cake looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I wasn't super happy with how my lemon loaf came out, I almost redid it with orange! I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange loaf sounds pretty good to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is next up on my citrus list! Beautiful loaf! And another "brusher" I see... I love adding extra juice to cakes, etc - it was the perfect addition! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete