Tuesday, January 3, 2012

TWD: Kids Thumbprint Cookies

This is literally the last cookie standing from our great Tuesday with Dorie adventure. Closing the recipe book as it were to Baking From my Home to Yours.

Last week I flew to the East Coast to visit my two boys in New York and Cape Cod so I'm just getting back to normal. My brain is still on EST and my house is a jumble but I still needed to bake on Tuesday, late or not. Somehow I feel like this weekly ritual will help me get things back in order.

For the last recipe these were perfect pick by Dorie herself, reminding me how my love of baking grew in the first place. Thumbprint cookies always remind me of baking with my grandma. I would always pick these to bake when I was little because I thought they were the fanciest cookies to make for the holidays. You can get the full recipe from Dorie here and read a great little wrap of of what this group was all about. I haven't been here from the beginning but I loved the time that I did get to bake with everyone and I look forward to starting the new book in February.

4 comments:

  1. Your cookies look great! And I so understand a house a jumble and the joy of visiting sons. Hope you will keep on baking! I'll be finishing the 21 recipes that I have left in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to say we are done with TWD, but we have the next group to look fwd too! Your cookies look good, I loved this recipe!
    That's great you got to take a trip to see your boys:)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cookies and the self-portrait! Sounds like between the cookies and the trip east, your year is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad this was the last recipe - but on to new adventures, right Sweet post. It was fun baking with you over the last few years. Great job on the thumbprints.

    ReplyDelete