Thursday, October 17, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread



We went to Trader Joe's yesterday and it is the land of all things pumpkiny right now. Instead of buying the very tempting pumpkin bread mix, I knew with little effort I knew I could make my own. 

Amp up the whole wheat, replace the butter and cut the sugar in half to make everything a little more healthy and it still came out so moist and delicious. Ok so maybe the extra butter in the photo was not necessary, I scraped it off before I ate it. I swear!



Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
 
Whisk or sift together:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Whisk together until smooth:
3/4 cup coconut oil softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup Water
1 can pumpkin (15 ounces)

Fold wet ingredients into dry until completely combined. Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans (sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar if you want to) and bake at 325 degrees until a tester comes out clean. 

BTW: You can do this all with a mixer, but it comes out perfect without one so unless you like to lick the beaters don't bother breaking it out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you blogging!

    EVERY TIME I see pumpkin box/mix anything at Trader Joe's I think of you!

    ReplyDelete