Friday, May 3, 2013

Confetti Cake

Or Funfetti.... but that maybe copy-written by the boxed baking Gods. This is a combination of a few recipes I found online. Since I've never in my life made or tasted the boxed version of this. I don't know how it compares. I just know its damn good. I think just the cake without fetti would probably be delicious too.

 Ingredients:
18.5 oz A/P Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
8 oz Unsalted Butter
13 oz Granulated Sugar
2 oz Light Brown Sugar
12 oz Whole Milk
1 tbsp Vanilla
4 oz Sour Cream
2 ea Eggs
Colored Sprinkles/Jimmies

Preheat your oven to 350F. You can use a stand mixer, handheld or elbow grease, I think they all would work for this. Especially if your doing this with kids, have them burn off some steam with manual labor....

Melt your butter and set aside to cool, if you don't take it too far in the microwave you can use it right away. Sift together the flour baking powder & soda. Whisk together the milk, vanilla and sour cream until its really smooth and has no lumps.

Combine the melted butter, sugars and salt. Mix in the eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined, then add dry and wet mixes alternating between the two until everything is in the pool. Fold in a heavy dose of Sprinkles.

Divide into your baking vessel and bake until a tester comes out clean. Makes 2 dozen or so regular size cupcakes. But I used it for 18 Cupcakes and a 6 inch mini-cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment